Yet Another Attempt

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I can't believe it's almost been a month since a posted here.

Let's just say it a measure of how shitastic things have been going at work. I'm going to leave it at that.

I've still been doing a lot of reading and that's been going well. Found a couple of new authors to glom.

The writing unfortunately stalled out again. Partly because of work, but also because while I like the story idea a lot, I don't find dragon-shifter heroes inherently sexy (with the exception of Shana Abe's dragon shifter series). It's kind of hard writing about a hero when his shifted form is not appealing at all. I guess in the same way peeps can't get past the 'undead' blood-sucking vampire hero, or the 'hairy-monster' werewolf hero. Big, scaly, fire-breathing reptilian is hard for me to write.

So I've put that one on the back burner for now and I've gone back to my beloved werewolves. Not related to the submission I'm still waiting to get a yea or nay on, but I think this new idea will work. The hero is a werewolf and a detective. Initially the heroine was a psychologist and a succubus. There was a thriller aspect to it, but I'll be honest, I'm not up to doing the research on the heroine's area of expertise nor am I up to plotting out the twists and turns, red herrings, and the planting of false suspects.

You can call it lazy, I call it stressed-the-eff-out.

I just want to write the next story straight and have it focused two characters interacting, challenging each other, stripping each others emotional defenses and ultimating coming to the understanding they need to be together; that they love each other.

Got a few career ideas for heroine that won't be as challenging to write, but still integral to her character and the story development.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

raine said...

I just want to write the next story straight and have it focused two characters interacting, challenging each other, stripping each others emotional defenses and ultimating coming to the understanding they need to be together; that they love each other.

Sounds good!
I mean, this is what counts in the story, yes?

vanessa jaye said...

Yeah, it is, but sometimes I get caught up in making the details of the external story work. :-/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats