The End

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Done. Finally. Everything transcribed and loaded onto the word.doc, and in relatively good shape. I'm going to let it sit for a couple of hours, then take one last, light, pass at it before I send it out to the critters.

I'm sick officially sick of this mss, so for any critters reading this, there will be no need to wait and see if I send out updated version.

A couple of things:

1. I had to do a find and replace on 'suddenly'. It was my official crutch word for this ms (tho, I suspect there are others, I haven't twigged to yet).

2. Had to change the hero's name to Nate/Nathan from Cal. It's a little scary how popular Cal is in paranormal/UF books. Nate might be too, but not as much. I think.(Plus I have another mss--fantasy/romance--with a major character name Callum.)

3. OMG, I overdid it with the syrupy, sappy shit at the ending. Just backed up ye ol literary cement n' metaphore mixer and poured on a tonnage of sugary schmoopsie, boopsie, Wuv U 4EVR, Alwyz B mine!! all over the last chapter. Gag.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

azteclady said...

it's so refreshing to see a non-neurotic, overly self critical writer around here!






oh, wait...












(couldn't resist; after all, I'm evil)

vanessa jaye said...

:-P

Look it this way, I could sit back and pat myself on the back for the stuff I *think* I did right or... I could angst about the stuff I think I got wrong, and... try and fix them to make the story/characters better.

::grin::

Gotcha! heh.

the author said...

Suddenly synonyms:

All at once
Without warning
Abruptly
Before I could [action verb]
A heartbeat later
Unexpectedly

(It's one of my weed words, too.)

Congratulations!

vanessa jaye said...

Lynn, I'm going to cut,paste and save these suggestions for next time. :-P I ended up cutting most of them, or reworking the sentence.

And, thanks! It feels good to be writing at a steady(ish) pace again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats