I should post something, yeah?

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm brain dead. Very busy at work and, for some reason, I've got a touch of insomnia. :-( So not getting enough sleep for the past couple of days.

Anywho, I've been scribbling away in my note book during the commute to & from work--getting down ideas, fleshing out back-story and conflict, listing players and their motivations, and getting a grip on the major turning points. Plus got about 3 solid pages of story down. I'm excited about this new/old project and, from Jordan's recent posts, it looks like the market is ripe for this type of story.

Here's my newest hero/protagonist: Ibenré (Ben).



Of course, ds just had to point out that Ibenré sounds a lot like Bengay. I had to point out that my hero is not one of his highschool homies; there shall be no stupid nicknaming of my Alpha hotties.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

11 comments:

Katrina Glover said...

GMBO. Bengay huh?

vanessa jaye said...

He's a real wise ass. Not sure where he gets it from.... ;-)

Krista Heiser said...

Yum. He's a hottie!

vanessa jaye said...

He is ymmylicious, isn't he, Krista?

I don't normally base my characters of pics/stars,etc. I usually have an image in my head, then go looking for a shot and I've never found a pic that looked exactly like my character, or if the person in the photo did, they only looked like *my* character for that one photo, all other photos were wrong.

But this guy--actor Olivier Rivera (he's the guy Richard Gere's character's wife cheats with in the movie Unfaithful)--looks like my Ben in every pic. Except I wish Olivier had a bit more of a tan. Then again, since Ben is 'undead' the paleness works.

Katrina Glover said...

LMBO! That's un-tan? Remind me to send you a pic of my legs some time. My boss swears when I wear shorts I could light up a room (and no, that's not in a good way).

PS. Does DS want a sister? I've got one I'm willing to GIVE away. They'd get along well. She's a smart arse too.

lost said...

Olivier Rivera? Nooo! It's Oliver Martinez.

I know because I studied him *very* hard years ago after seeing THE HORSEMAN ON THE ROOF and THE CHAMBERMAID ON THE TITANIC. :D Very hunkee.

Nowadays, in the UK, he's best known for being Kyle Minogue's fella. :D

lost said...

Err ...I screwed up his first name. Olivier. *weak grin* Blame it on drool that somehow got into my eyes.

vanessa jaye said...

D'oh! Yes, Martinez! What did I say? Rivera? Like you, my brains get too scrambled when I stare at that photo too long. lol

Kylie's guy? Y-you mean he's taken? waaaah!

LOL, Kat on the glow in the dark legs. Aren't you in California? :-P

Katrina Glover said...

Yup yup!

It's a modern day miracle ;-)

Katrina Glover said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vanessa jaye said...

Jaye, now wondering at the possiblities and ramifications of having a glow-in-the-dark Hero..... ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats