Need book recs

Monday, March 21, 2005

So I finished 'With this Kiss', and while it's not a keeper, I enjoyed reading it. One problem I had was, it didn't quite deliver on the 'Beast' part. The hero had burns on his back, (ie concealable<--is that a word? g) but his face remained untouched (ie devastatingly handsome) meh. He was icy and reserved though, so that was good. Anywho, I feel a Beauty and the Beast glom coming on, and need recs for books based on this premise, preferably 'dark and sensual'romance (historical or contemp) but I wouldn't mind reading this premise in any genre. I've already dug out Judith Ivory's Beast from the to-be-read pile, and I have Theresa Medeiros' latest, somewhere... but I need more suggestions!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Amie Stuart said...

I dont remember the premise in Medero's book, but I do remember Loving it! I think it was her first hardcover......sorry otherwise I can't help you but I love the premise too

vanessa jaye said...

I get Medieros' new letter and when I read about the last book, I couldn't wait for it to come out. I decided not to read it at the moment, because I don't think it's as 'dark' as what I'm in the mood for.

It's surprising, isn't it? I would have thought there'd be tons of Beauty and the Beast riffs, but I don't think there is. Then again, maybe I should have asked the question on a more *popular* venue. lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats