Two of the most beloved words in a writer’s repertoire

Monday, May 24, 2010

Royalties cheque.

Heheee.

Seriously though:



Yeah, that's right. I finally finished the damn revisions to the werewolf story!

Only took me [exact time redacted due to shame] long.

It came in just shy of 50K words. I ended up scrapping the ending I'd been working on all week because at some point it struck me that there was a whiff of similarity between that scene and a scene close to the ending in Felicity Stripped Bare.

A little early in the game to be repeating myself already, doncha think? I really like the new scene I settled on, though.


ps: Now I'm sitting here thinking that there is a secondary character in the beginning of the scene who just seemed to vanish. I know there'll be some readers who will wonder where he is/what he's doing if I don't clearly state he made an exit. But where will I insert that without breaking the emotional tension/momentum between the H/h? It's almost 1am. I'll have to think about it tomorrow.


ETA: Eeep! reposting to fix the typo in the title. My excuse is I wrote the post at 1am.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats