A Couple of Things

Monday, January 26, 2009

I've known Suzanne McMinn for a couple of years now, she was one of the regulars on the Struggling Writers messageboard over on eharlequin and she was always there to offer practical advice to all us newbies.

Later Suzanne joined the blog bandwagon (like a lot of us) and started a writer's blog which morph into something else entirely, more of a journal of her transition from suburbanite to farmer.

It's a great blog and one I check out every day. You can follow the antics of the various animals on her farm, (including pictures) and great recipes (including pictures) and her new romance (not much pics there, her guy, "52", is camera shy), plus some really wonderful inspirational posts.

Having said all of that.... permission to forward:



Hi, everybody! I'm writing to all the romance writers who are unfortunate enough to be in my address book. :)

(And I apologize if you get this twice--that means you are on more than one of my lists!!!)

My blog is a finalist in the 2009 Bloggies, which is like the Oscars of the blog world. (Compare to the Ritas in the romance world.) This is a contest in which huge blogs like Dooce, Pioneer Woman, CuteOverload, I Can Haz Cheeseburger, PerezHilton, etc, populate the nominations. (Thank God I'm not in a category where I'm directly up against any of them!) Mine is the only romance writer's blog to EVER be a finalist in the Bloggies. I'm representin'!


The 2009 Bloggies

My blog is Chicken's In The Road: A Life in Ordinary Splendor

I'm a finalist in the Best-Kept Secret Weblog category. Please vote for me, too? And tell your friends! (When you get to the site, scroll to the right rather than down, it's a weird setup.) Voting ends Feb. 2. You can vote once per email address.

Thank you!

Suzanne McMinn

Me again, while you're over on the Bloggies site, there're plenty of great sites in other categories to vote for, so take a gander, regardless.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats