Today's Ramble On Cold Weather and Sleepless Nights

Friday, February 01, 2008


As I write this, I'm looking out the patio doors at a blanket of snow that wasn't there when I went to bed last night. We have a winter storm moving through, although it's only snowing lightly at the moment.

Thank goodness I took today off. I was maybe/sorta planning on checking out a sale on flat panel tvs, but decided to hold off on that purchase till next year. Looking outside, I'm glad I didn't cancel my vacation day--who wants to trudge to work through that crap? Plus, because of the sleeping problems mentioned a couple of posts ago, an extra morning's sleep-in is muchly appreciated.

By the way, if anyone is experiencing the same problem (waking in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep properly) I'd recommend the Nighty, Night brand of herbal tea. (I'm almost sure it's a California company, but it's available here in Canada, and it looks like the UK as well. Also, you can buy it though AMAZON.)

A friend suggested it to me earlier this week. She said she'd never been able to finish a cup before nodding off. While that wasn't my experience, I did feel extremely mellow after drinking (almost like after having a glass of wine) and though I did still woke up around 3am, I went right back to sleep--deep enough to dream. The second night I took it, I slept right through till 5am. Two nights of half-decent sleep isn't enough to make up for over a month of building exhaustion, but boy did it help!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats