Blah post.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Must make concentrated effort to blog....

uhm, yeah.

Sooo.....

Steph and Larissa sold recently!!! A collaborative effort that netted them a three book deal! (Major, major, congratulations, ladies!)

<--I'm reading a pretty good book(chic lit) at the moment. I'll talk about it more when I finish, but I suspect this one will end up on the keeper shelf. Very good characterization.

I'm also trying to plot with color-coded post-its for a change. Progress: slow but sure. It's funny, I'd say I was a character-driven writer, but I keep wanting to do these elaborate plot lines. I'll start out with a simple Jack and Jill went up the hill storyline, then start fleshing out motivation and next thing you know, Jack's a cross dressing ninja and Jill's a disgraced federal judge, ex-ballerina, and they have to save the world from glue-sniffing vampires. Go figure.

At this point in the planning, I can pick out (at least) 3 plot lines: The romance development and 2 mystery subplots, but they're all intertwined (which is good) so it's giving me a bit of a headache. I obviously need to tackle this problem, just about every single time I've gotten 'stuck' in the last year, it was because of plot.

On the other hand...

Here's a piccie of the hero. He's pretty inspirational, dontcha think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayum.
I'd share a plot twist or two with him anytime...

Jordan Summers said...

He'd definitely keep my attention for a while. :)

vanessa jaye said...

He's in some magazine ad-- I whipped out my digital camera and took a photo. heh.

Stephanie Tyler said...

Thanks for the congrats, hon!

And good luck with the post-its ;) And the _very_inspirational picture....

vanessa jaye said...

Steph, I'm very happy for you and Larissa. And me too, cause I finally get to read complete stories from you guys and not just those delicious excerpts you post every now and again. (Plus I figure some editorial type will put the pressue on you to finally write Jake's book!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats