The only bad publicity is no publicity.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Remember how I raved about Lisa Valdez's PASSION, a little over two weeks ago?

AAR got around to reviewing it last Thurday--a very good review, by the way--and then the messageboard caught fire.

Some people loved the book as much as I did, some people hated it (ptooie!! hate!hate!hate!), but anyway you slice it, for a debut writer to generate this type of discussion, is just awesome and bodes well for her future.

Which makes me very happy cause I just love her writing.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

Jordan Summers said...

I picked it up. Can't wait to read it.

vanessa jaye said...

Jorie, yes it is a ROMANCE NOVEL, but not in that roll-your-eyes-full-of-cliches-and-
'can't swallow this'-improbabilities type of way. It's that bigger than life 'fantasy' romance. It touches upone the type of grand scale emotion/intensity you'd find in a book that covered generations and continents. 'If' you get swept up in it, you'll get swept up rather quickly. (You'll notice most of those who loved it finished it in a day, including myself.)

And the last half of the book will wring your emotions. Some people said the last half was a bit melodramatic, it is, but it doesn't spoil the book at all.

Jordan, (& Jorie) I think you'll love it, especially if you like Emma Holly's stuff.

Anonymous said...

Great book. I like it. Will read more by this author.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats