Various Illnesses

Monday, March 07, 2005

I picked up a bug, or something, during that great walk we did on Saturday. I was too warm most of the day with the down coat, then later on in the evening there was a sharp breeze, and I didn't have a scarf. After a childhood plaugued by tonsilitis(sp?) and bronchitis(sp?) I should of known I'd was going to be sick.

Spent most of the day under a blanket on the sofa yesterday (but did manage to clean the apartment in the evening--just took me 4 hours, instead of the usual 2 hrs). Had an horrendous feverish night of tossing and turning then got up at 7:30 to call in sick before hittin the sack again. I slept straight through till 1:30pm. Still feel crappy, but better. Since I achieve one goal--housework--yesterday, I'm going to see what I can do with my other goal today, writing.

Speaking of writing, I read this and thought what a great, uhm, affliction(?) for a heroine, or hero. Something unsual like this would have to be incorporated into the storyline in a meaningful way, and not just thrown in there to make the character interesting.

Another aside, what the hell is going on lately with female teachers? You never heard about this crap when I was growing up. Get. A. Dildo. ladies! Our boys are not your toys, leave our sons alone.

As for this advice... b-bu-but, why would you want to? lol
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

Jordan Summers said...

I remember there were some interesting rumors about a couple of teachers going around when I was in high school, but I can't imagine this happening in middle school. I'm trying to figure out what they see in these kids. Actually, on second thought, I don't want to know.

Katrina Glover said...

UGH. Feel better, girl.

Stephanie Tyler said...

{{{hugs}}} on feeling crummy, Jaq - hope you're better ASAP!! But thank you for keeping up with the procrastination angle anyway with all the links :)

Anonymous said...

Jaq, feel better soon!

So trying to connect the dots with these articles... maybe the teacher masturbates too much so she needs to take her excess energy out on her students, and the girl who can taste the notes has no time for masturbation because she's busy developing the note tasting skill?

Sorry, logic fails me even at the best of times.

Sasha White said...

((Jaye)) Feel Better woman!
And,,,uhmm get rid of that last article...no one needs to give up masterbation. That would just be MEAN. :blush:

Amie Stuart said...

Get well sweets!

TOny YOu're right!

Stop Masturbating? That's like...like...like...saying the easter bunny ain't coming....never mind

Julie Cohen said...

Hey. We female teachers aren't all like that. I stopped fancying teenage boys when I was about 15. Ew.

I know of an upcoming novel that's got synaethesia in it. Looking forward to that one; I think it's a fascinating ability. Or condition.

Hope you feel better soon, hon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats