Strange Happenings

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Remember my post on twins? Well I just read this small blurb in the paper last night, then picked it up on google from AOL News this morning:

IASI, Romania (AP) - A 33-year-old Romanian woman who gave birth to a son in December on Monday gave birth to his twin brother almost two months later in what has been called a medical first in Romania.

The mother, Maricica Tescu, has two uteruses due to a rare congenital malformation, said Mircea Onofriescu, a doctor who manages the Cuza Voda Maternity Hospital in the northeast city of Iasi.

Tescu gave birth Monday to a 5.7 pound baby boy by Caesarean section, 59 days after giving birth vaginally to the first child, a 3.5 pound boy.

The two babies and the mother are doing well, Onofriescu said.

The first baby now weighs the same as his brother, and the two will be released from the hospital at the same time, after about a week.


Just goes to show fact is stranger than fiction. I'm thinking this would be a fun twist in a story. If it was historical the mother/heroine would be accused of consorting with the 'devil', for instance. This is the sad thing about being a writer, we're the oxpeckers on the rino rump of life. Everything is fair game for a story idea. gg

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

Amie Stuart said...

LMFAO You're right Jaq! One of the girls on Pam Britton's message board had her car stolen and totaled then had her rental stolen not a week later. Lucky for me, she found my "note taking" funny

8-D

vanessa jaye said...

:blushing:: It's like having a split personality. Someone is telling me some tragedy, and part of me is touched and sympathizing, but the other part of me is pure paparazzi baby! gg. I'm recording everyting, facial expression, tone, words used, off hand comments and insights, body language, everything.

Ugh.

Sasha White said...

Wow, intersting stuff! And uhmmm as long as you dont; actually TAKE NOTES infront of them, I thinkit's normal for us to think that way. (Notice I said normal FOR US!) *g*

Cute Doll with the tiger, Jaye!!

vanessa jaye said...

We're definitely a breed apart. gg. No, I don't take notes, but it feels a bit ghoulish, like how you can never really just 'read' a book anymore, because there's always a small part of your brain acting like an internal editor? I can gagged my editor to a great degree, but she's still there. But it's almost the same thing, there's a part of myself that's acting 'observer' at all times, when before I used to be so oblivious to some much stuff.

Yeah, I like Miss Kitty and her big bad pussy-cat. I like the hot chick on your site, too, so I went trolling. ;-)

Sasha White said...

The Doll Palace is a great procrstination place. *g*

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats