Working hard and hardly working.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Had a crazy day at work, so I didn't get the chance to sneak in some time on the ms, and on my lunch I decided to deal with some feedback on chapter 10 (thank you Cece! ). Then most of this evening was taken up with helping The Boy with an English essay-- based on one of those esoteric short stories chock-O-block full of themes and symbolism….and no plot. The Boy is 16. The story, dust. No equation here could equal enjoyment and understanding. *g* But afterwards, with only a few more gray hairs for my troubles, I did manage to sit down and pound out a net of 4 pages worth of revisions/edits/new writing in chapter 13!

I still have high hopes of finishing this chapter before the end of the week, and maybe chapter 14 as well. I think I'm going to bite the bullet on Thursday--or maybe tomorrow--and cough up the cash for the GH entry fee.

Oh, and I've been reading Madeline Hunter's The Romantic--I love this book! Julian is a wonderful hero. He reminds me very much of Mr. Darcy as portrayed by Collin Firth, but maybe just a little more smoldering. Anywho, I just had to share this bit--

"...as he caressed her it was as if his hand had touched no other woman. The difference was in his heart. Every kiss was new and perfect...."

sigh.

And on that note, I shall go to bed and have sweet sweet dreams. You should too.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats