Some Results

Monday, October 04, 2010

I'm finally (almost) back to normal. The month from hell is over and the nasty cold that hit me last week is in its last trailing stages. A possible plumbing emergency has been averted and today is the last day of a well deserved 4-day weekend that I sooo needed. The bad news is I'm going through another round of insomnia. :-/

Ah, well, the insomnia did serve me well yesterday while I worked on the manuscript till after 2am this morning. Revisions are done. We'll see if the editor likes it. (Second round of revisions, second editor, all prior to a --oh please let it be!--sale. I guess I'm still an unknown quality, and considering how long it takes me to write, I can't blame them to ask for revisions first (despite how minor) before possibly offering a contract.) Anyhow HotH is now just under 50K.

This weekend I also finally got around to brushing off the Sony ereader. I haven't used it since last year! Read a couple of fun reads - Cara McKenna's Willing Victim and Lisa Marie Rice's Woman on the Run. I love LMR's heroes, so it was a given I'd enjoy that book (gave it 3 stars over on Goodreads) but the real treat was Mckenna's book. It deals with consensual rough role play during lovemaking, which might make a lot of folks uncomfortable, but it was really well done. I loved the H/h and for a really hot erotic novel, there was plenty of story/character development. The book was a keeper and I'll be on the lookout for Ms. Mckenna's books in the future.

Think I'm on a bit of an erotic romance jag. Today I plan to (re)read Jaide Black's The Empress' New Clothes. I read it eons ago when it first released, but saw a recent review that made me want to read it again. Also, got an idea for an erotic short I'd like to get started on (although, knowing me, it'll turn into a full length book)

So that's my catch up.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats