Know what I love most about the World Cup?

Friday, June 11, 2010

I don't live in this neighbourhood any more. Don't get me wrong, I love my old neighborhood--great resturants and cafes, good shopping, central location, etc, but this circus I don't miss.




Seriously after ever freakin game my street looked like this, more or less.



No fun trying to get home in traffic, (yes, that those are people on the rooftop in the pic below)



and forget about leaving the windows open on a hot muggy day, you couldn't hear yourself think much less catch a cool breeze.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

the author said...

Oy. Reminds me of my childhood neighborhood; we were inundated once a year by a quarter-million college kids on spring break, and immediately afterward we had to deal with cinco de mayo, another drunken free for all. Sometimes it got so bad my mom wouldn't let us play in the back yard.

Nope, don't miss it. :)

vanessa jaye said...

Oh, sister, we are soo on the same page with this.

There was/is an annual summer street festival that happened almost immediately after the soccer madness (in the years of the World Cup) but I didn't mind having the live jazz band playing almost right under my living room window. I love the old jazz standards, and the bands were always very talented. Plus it only lasted for the weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats