Wrong Turn, Right Here

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

One of the worst things ever, as a writer, is to be bored by your own writing. Sometimes it's you--you're distracted, tired, not in the mood for the story or to write.

Other times, it's the crap you're writing.

I swear this mini outline/synopsis I sketched out is making me crazy. Half the scenes I planned out are wrong, wrong, wrong. Even though I have specific reasons for wanting to write them, by the time I get them done, they just lie there on page, stinking up a story I already have my doubts about.

The current scene (that's been in the works for days) has got to go. There's only one reason I'm writing it, and that's not emough to sustain it, the rest is just boring introspection. ugh. Plus the secondary character in it never shows up again. I have to come up with something else that has the same end result, but with characters more relevant to the story. I'm so damn close to the freakin end, yet the damn thing gets harder to write.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

vanessa jaye said...

Figured it out! Will have to change some references in the book, but I think I came up with the perfect solution. Let's see how the execution works out. :-P

vanessa jaye said...

I'm not quite out of the woods yet. Part of me wishes I could just end it where it ended before. That feels like the natural end of the story, or maybe it's where I'm used to it ending. On the other hand, even though I did tweak the romance some throughout the story, it stills feels like it needs a few more pages of fleshing out. *sigh*

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats