Quickie

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I know! I'm a bad blogger! I just don't have anything really interesting to post about, besides a lot of navel gazing. Plus demands of work, and yes, the writing are also putting a cramp on the blogging. When I get home at night I'm likely to just surf and lurk, but rarely leave a comment because I all I want to do is turn my brain off and give it a rest.

So, I've finally settled on one story to work on--remember I was jumping around?--it's a were-wolf story. Not sure if it's going to work for Samhain's submission call for shifter stories or not. But it's aimed for Samhain, regardless. Pretty sure I can do two books, yes, the dreaded H and then his best-friend. Also, I've got a great idea for a series of books that I hope to float to NY/an agent. I've been hearing little whispers that a certain sub-genre is gaining interest and this might be my chance to jump in at the beginning. We'll see, lots of research needs to be done.

Ironically the idea came to me because I was thinking of maybe pitching a single author shifter anthology- one story in the future (the sci-fi shifter i was working on), one in the current (I've got several were story idea outlines that take place in the present) and one that takes place in the past. It was while i was thinking about what type of shape-shifter and what era in the past would work/be interesting that the concept came to me.

I do have a more substantive post I want to put up about my current reading choices in general, and I'll probably throw up a short excerpt of the were-story, but I doubt any of that will happen before the week-end.

Later
Jaye
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

raine said...

I've been hearing little whispers that a certain sub-genre is gaining interest and this might be my chance to jump in at the beginning.

Tease.
Go for it, babe, lol.

vanessa jaye said...

I didn't mean to tease. I was rambling, so I edited the post down to some sort of cohesiveness and must have cut the reference. It's steampunk idea. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats