AAR 100 Top Romance Meme 2007 ver

Monday, December 03, 2007

I did this last year, so what the heck.

For posts where peeps aren't as lazy as me have listed their own 100Top Favourites:

Keishon
AAR Blog


I won't try to list my top 100, because I can't. Well, maybe I could say that book X would be included amongst my favourites, but I couldn't list them in order of preference. I like different books for different reasons, and to make things even more contrary, a keeper might not be a favourite.

For example Dillon, the hero of Anne Stuart's Into The Fire, would put this book on my keeper shelf. I would re-read that book simple for him, not because he's swoon worth, just that he's compelling. On the other hand, Julian in Madelaine Hunter's The Romantic made that book a keeper, and a favourite because he captures my heart. And then, of oourse, so much depends on my mood.

Here's the list with cover art over on AAR.

erm... I'm a bit fuzzy on some of these. While the Favourites/Keepers is pretty accurate, I'm not 100% on some of the Reads & TBRs (especially the TBRs, considering several of them have been in the pile for years. And some of them are so old I might of read them when they first came out, but now can't remember for sure.) Plus I'm too lazy to compare them to last year's list for complete accuracy.

R=Read
F/K=Favourite/Keeper
TBR = In(to-be-read) pile.


1. Lord of Scoudrels (Loretta Chase) F
2. Dreaming of You (Lisa Kleypas) F
3. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) F
4. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon) R
5. Flowers From The Storm (Laura Kinsale)TBR
6. Slightly Dangerous (Mary Balogh) TBR
7. Devil In Winter (Lisa Kleypas) TBR
8. Bet Me (Jenifer Crusie) TBR
9. Welcome to Temptation (Jennifer Crusie) K
10. The Viscount Who Loved Me (Julia Quinn) K
11. Lover Awakened (J.R. Ward) TBR
12. Mr. Impossible (Loretta Chase)
13. The Duke and I (Julia Quinn) K
14. It Had To Be You (Susan E Phillip)TBR
15. Lord Perfect (Loretta Chase)
16. Romancing Mr. Bridgerton (Julian Quinn) K
17. The Bride (Julie Garwood) R
18. Mr. Perfect (Linda Howard) K
19. Naked in Death (J.D. Robb) R
20. A Summer To Remember (Mary Balough) TBR
21. Nobody’s Baby But Mine (Susan E Philips) TBR
22. Dream Man (Linda Howard) K
23. The Raven Prince (Elizabeth Hoyt) F
24. Paradise (Judith McNaught) TBR
25. As You Desire (Connie Brockway) TBR
26. Mackenzie’s Mountain (Linda Howard) K
27. Dark Lover (J.R. Ward) K
28. The Secret (Julie Garwood)
29. Son Of The Morning (Linda Howard) TBR
30. Lover Eternal (J.R. Ward)F
31. Devil’s Bride (Stephanie Laurens)R
32. A Knight in Shining Armor (Jude Deveraux)TBR
33. Heaven Texas (Susan E. Philips) TBR
34. To Have and To Hold (Patricia Gaffney) F
35. Almost Heaven (Judith McNaught) TBR
36. Match Me If You Can (Susan E Phillips)
37. The Shadow and The Star (Laura Kinsale) TBR
38. Cry No More (Linda Howard)
39. A Kingdom of Dreams (Judith McNaught)
40. Over the Edge (Suzanne Brockman) TBR
41. Sea Swept (Nora Roberts)
42. Ravished (Amanda Quick) F
43. Then Came You (Lisa Klepas) F
44. To Die For (Linda Howard) TBR
45. Something Wonderful (Judith McNaught) TBR
46. This Heart of Mine (Susan E Phillips) TBR
47. The Serpent Prince (Elizabeth Hoyt) TBR
48. Suddenly You (Lisa Kleypas) F
49. The Proposition (Judith Ivory) F
50. Honor’s Splendor (Julie Garwood)
51. Saving Grace (Julie Garwood)
52. Jayne Eyre (Charlotte Bronte) F
53. When He Was Wicked (Julia Quin) K
54. Persuasion (Jane Austen) TBR
55. All Through The Night (Connie Brockway) TBR
56. It Happened One Autumn (Lisa Klepas) R
57. Born In Fire (Nora Roberts) TBR
58. Thunder and Roses (Mary Jo Putney)R
59. Kiss An Angel (Susan E Phillips) TBR
60. Out of Control (Suzanne Brockman)
61. After The Night (Linda Howard) TBR
62. Lady Sophia’s Lover (Lisa Kleypas) F
63. The Secret Pearl (Mary Balough) TBR
64. Once and Always (Judith McNaught) TBR
65. More Than A Mistress (Mary Balough) R
66. Untie My Heart (Judith Ivory) F
67. See Jane Score (Rachel Gibson)
68. The Rake (Mary Jo Putney) F
69. Dragonfly In Amber (Diana Gabaldon)
70. Perfect (Judith McNaught) TBR
71. Whitney My Love (Judith McNaught) R
72. The Duke (Gaelen Foley) TBR
73. One Perfect Rose (Mary Jo Putney) R
74. Shattered Rainbows (Mary Jo Putney) R
75. The Windflower (Laura London)
76. Dream A Little Dream (Susan E Phillips) TBR
77. Frederica (Georgette Heyer) TBR
78. Passion (Lisa Valdez) F
79. Voyager (Diana Gabaldon)
80. The Lady’s Tutor (Robin Schone) F
81. Morning Glory (LaVyrle Spencer) R
82. Worth Any Price (Lisa Kleypas) F
83. Winter Garden (Adele Ashworth)
84. My Dearest Enemy (Connie Brockway) TBR
85. Where Dreams Begin (Lisa Kleypas) F
86. Devils Cub (Georgette Heyer) TBR
87. Gone Too Far (Suzanne Brockman) TBR
88. Anyone But You (Jennifer Crusie) TBR
89. For My Lady’s Heart (Laura Kinsale)TBR
90. Rising Tales (Nora Roberts)
91. Lover Revealed (J.R. Ward)
92. Open Season (Linda Howard)R
93. Born In Ice (Nora Roberts)TBR
94. Ransom (Julie Garwood)
95. Venetia (Georgette Heyer) TBR
96. Miss Wonderful (Loretta Chase)
97. Ain’t She Sweet (Susan E Phillips)
98. The Nortorious Rake (Mary Balough)
99. The Prize (Julie Garwood)
100. Slave To Temptation
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

Shesawriter said...

I've read 43 of those and 5 are currently in my TBR pile.

raine said...

I am seriously behind on my reading. :-(

vanessa jaye said...

Tanya, your reading score is better than mine, I'm running about 50/50 - 39 read, 37 in the tbr pile. Considering how long some of those books have been in the TBR pile, that ratio won't be changing soon.

Hmmm.. I might have to do some sort of TBR pile challenge.

vanessa jaye said...

Probably not, Raine. A lot of the book listed are old skool stuff. There's not a lot of new releases represented.

Gennita said...

Argh. I thought I would have read more but I've only read a quarter of the books listed! ;-( I do have quite a few in my TBR, though.

vanessa jaye said...

I thought I'd have read more on the list too, Gennita. Next year is going to be worse, for me, I think. I've read more outside of the romance genre this year, than in it.

Shesawriter said...

Vanessa,

The ones in my TBR pile have been there a LONG time too! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats