The latest

Saturday, October 23, 2004

I'm in the middle of chapter 11. My mission is to finish it this week-end. On a more crappy note, the last of the batch of agents I submitted my partial to, has passed on it. Only the agent that asked for the full right off the bat, hasn't rejected it....because he hasn't rec'd it yet. *shrug* I absolutely believe this baby will find a home. eventually *snort* In the meantime, I've got a ton more agents to query with it. But I'm a little curious as to what may be the deal breaker with the partial/syn. The query garnered a 50% request result, but the actually writing isn't hooking anyone in to wanting to see more. Yeah, the obvious thing would be to think: the writing sucks, girlfriend. *g* But delusional as I may be, I don't think that it does, so some (other) element(s) may not be working here. Have I started the book at the wrong place? Does the conflict--based on the syn--not seem strong enough to carry a 400pg ms? Dunno. If I don't make the GH deadlines, or even if I do, I going to throw this out to a couple contests to get some reader feedback.)

Anywho, off to finish chapter eleven.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats